Foot Pain Treatment in Aurora
Are your poor feet killing you right now? Effective Aurora foot pain treatment begins with a visit to Total Wellness Center. Our Aurora foot pain doctor can figure out why your feet are bothering you and prescribe non-surgical, non-pharmaceutical foot pain treatment options.
Foot Pain Causes and Symptoms
When do you need an Aurora foot pain doctor? It’s not unusual to experience tired or sore feet after an especially taxing sporting event, camping trip or work shift that kept you on your feet for hours. When foot pain becomes a chronic situation, however, you may find that you can’t do many of the things you need or want to do with any regularity. There are many possible causes of chronic foot, each of which may display its own particular set of symptoms. Examples include:
- Arthritis – Your feet contain more joints than any other part of your body, so it’s understandable that degenerative joint conditions play a major role in chronic foot pain. Arthritis most commonly involves loss of cartilage between the bone ends, causing friction that leads to pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Plantar fasciitis – Plantar fasciitis is a condition in which the tough bands of connective tissue supporting the arches of the feet suffer chronic strain and inflammation. Flat feet, high-heeled shoes, and other physical imbalances can cause it. The telltale symptom is heel pain that feels worse after a period of inactivity.
- Muscle strains – Muscle strains can afflict the feet, causing chronic soreness and stiffness that limits mobility. You can suffer a muscle strain in your foot either due to acute injury or over a long period of overuse.
- Bunions – Bunions are bulging, misshapen joints in the toes that can cause pain and disability. They are sometimes accompanied by an inflammatory joint problem known as bursitis. An unbalanced musculoskeletal alignment that throws your weight distribution off can contribute to bunion development.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome – If the nerves running through your ankle become pinched, you can experience pain, tingling or numbness in your foot. This problem is known as tarsal tunnel syndrome.
The Advantages of Natural Pain Relief
Medications might take the edge off of your foot pain temporarily, but they can’t actually fix the underlying issues that create your chronic distress. Surgery can help in extreme cases, but it can cause its own problems, including nerve damage and permanent loss of joint mobility. Natural treatment methods from our Aurora foot pain doctor can help you enjoy safe, long-lasting relief as well as optimal foot function.
Our Non-Surgical Aurora Foot Pain Treatment Options
Our Aurora foot pain doctor will analyze your symptoms, examine your feet to look for joint or tissue damage, and check your spinal alignment for issues that might cause chronic foot strain, plantar fasciitis or bunions. Based on what we find, we will develop a personalized foot pain treatment program featuring modalities such as:
- Chiropractic care – Chiropractic adjustments to the joints of the feet can help ease arthritis pain and improve joint function. Spinal chiropractic adjustments can straighten your alignment, allowing for more even weight distribution.
- Laser treatment – Laser treatment can safely and painlessly penetrate the skin to soothe inflamed foot tissues and promote healing. We use it to treat acute injuries, nerve pain, muscular aches, arthritis, tendinitis, and plantar fasciitis.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture makes use of your body’s own natural pain management mechanisms to ease your foot pain without drugs or surgery.
Why Choose Total Wellness Center?
Total Wellness Center is the logical choice when you’re looking for surgery-free treatment of foot pain and other chronic pain problems. We’ve been helping Aurora and Southeast Denver residents feel and function better for over 13 years by offering them treatment plans devised for their individual needs. We also offer free patient consultations, so take this opportunity to find out how we can help you. Call (303) 627-7995 to learn more about our foot pain treatment methods and schedule an appointment!