Fibromyalgia Treatment in Aurora
If you are dealing with chronic pain, there is a chance you may be suffering from a condition known as fibromyalgia. One of the most common causes of chronic pain, you may feel like you need to undergo dangerous surgical procedures or take a variety of prescription medications. Fortunately, this is not always the case. Learn more about how you can effectively treat fibromyalgia with the help of the professionals at the Total Wellness Center!
What Is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that leads to widespread pain involving the musculoskeletal system along with mood, memory, and sleep issues. Even though women are more likely than men to develop fibromyalgia, a lot of people who develop this condition also suffer from a wide variety of other issues. Examples include irritable bowel syndrome, depression, anxiety, and joint conditions. Even though there is no cure for fibromyalgia, it can be managed using a well-rounded treatment plant.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
The exact cause of fibromyalgia is not known; however, a lot of people develop this condition after an inciting event. Usually, this event is a stressful one, with common examples being:
- Some people develop fibromyalgia after they have been involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Other people may develop fibromyalgia following a dangerous surgical procedure
- Psychological stress can also lead to the development of fibromyalgia
- A serious infection that puts someone in the hospital can also lead to fibromyalgia
Often, the symptoms of fibromyalgia do not develop until several weeks or months after the inciting event. Therefore, it can be hard to connect the symptoms of fibromyalgia to that initial event.
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
Similar to other medical conditions, fibromyalgia can manifest in many shapes and forms; however, there are a few common symptoms. They include:
- Most people who have fibromyalgia develop widespread pain. This is usually described as a constant, dull ache. Often, people experience these symptoms for months before a diagnosis is made. The pain has to occur on both sides of the body (the left and right side) as well as both above and below the waist.
- Many people with fibromyalgia also deal with constant fatigue. They usually awaken and tired even though they sleep for eight or more hours a night. Unfortunately, pain can often disrupt people’s sleep rhythms, leading to difficulty staying asleep.
- It is also not unusual for someone with fibromyalgia to develop cognitive issues as well. Often referred to as the “fibro fog,” people with this condition often have trouble focusing on what they are doing, paying attention to other people, and concentrating on anything they have to finish.
Clearly, this condition can have an adverse impact on someone’s overall quality of life. What are the treatment options?
What Are the Fibromyalgia Treatment in Aurora Options?
If you are looking for fibromyalgia treatment in Aurora, it is important to work with a fibromyalgia doctor. That is where our team can help you. At Total Wellness Center, we use chiropractic care to help people treat fibromyalgia. Our team will take the time to work with you personally, identifying the root cause of your exact symptoms. Then, we will craft a treatment plan that has been personally designed to meet your specific needs. We can use spinal decompression, chiropractic adjustments, and a variety of other treatment options to properly align your spine. By targeting specific nerves and muscle tissues that are causing your pain, we can not only treat the symptoms on the surface but also prevent them from coming back. Count on our team to help you.
Contact Total Wellness Center Today for a Fibromyalgia Doctor
At Total Wellness Center, we have been providing fibromyalgia treatment in Aurora for more than 13 years. We offer free patient consultations and same-day appointments. We also accept most insurance plans. If you are looking for a fibromyalgia doctor, count on the team from Total Wellness Center. Please contact us today at (303) 627-7995 to make an appointment with our team! It would be our honor to assist you.